Re: [IP] Charcot's Foot HELP!!

>What is charcot's foot?
>What are the early warninng signs?
>It sounds terrible...

Starting with periphial nepropahthy the feeling lose in the feet cause one
to walk in such a way (not visible to the eye always) where the bones in
the foot become microfractured.  It is a domino effect.  By the time one
notices this complication so many bones are broken the foot is basicly a
mushy skin bag holding what used to be a skelton.  NO cure.  A specially
fitted boot give the foot enough ridgity for one to continue to hobble but
open sores are the complictaion of this rememdy.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).