Re: [IP] Charcot's Foot HELP!!

>. We are getting desperate!  If anyone
>out there has had and amputation due to Charcot's Foot
> please let me know.  Thanks for any help!

I have a net friend who has battles this dreaded complictaion for many
years.  They wanted to amputate her foot as well a year ago but she got a
2nd opinion and it was not necessary and has improved somewhat since then.

With Charcot's Foot the best rememdy is a good boot although expensive to
have made up.  If no open sores the boot should do the trick.  If the sore
are there as usual then you'll have ot treat them agressively and maybe
surgically in conjunction wiht teh boot.

Sorry I can't help more but there are good resources on this comp on the
net as well.

Best wishes to you and your mom but always get a 2nd opinion prior to
removing a body part.  These are not under warranty.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).