[IP] Re: Quick Set Shortage

In a message dated 5/30/01 5:45:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

< I  decided to call Respicare.  The lady told me that there are
 quick set 6mm available but only in the 43"tubing.  Mary also said that
 the 23" tubing will not be available for a few months.  I have been
 pumping for only 2 weeks and I do not even know how to insert another
 type of infusion set.  This shortage is making me really nervous. >>

Hi Amanda,
    I called Respircare (in Ontario, Canada) today as well, and Mary told me
to phone Friday to see if they had come in.  She told me, maybe two weeks.
    Claire has been pumping only 7 weeks, and I'm not sure what we will do.
We are getting a couple with the long tubing for now.  I would like to try
the Sils on Claire, but she is panicking at the idea.  I am nervous about
inserting them, too.
    But truthfully, I don't think the QuickSets are working.  Her bgs are
totally erratic.  We had one set work great, I left it in 4 days because
numbers were so good.  But today I couldn't get her down below 15 (280), even
after replacing the site.  We see the Endo on Friday and I have a feeling
they will tell us to switch to the Sils.

Barbara, Mum of Claire, 7.