Re: [IP] Disetronic Power of choice

POC means that if you bought the HTron after a certain cut-off date,
and if you told them at the time that you wanted to buy it under the
POC program, you could upgrade for free to the DTron when it came out.

The biggest drawback for me is that I miss the nice loud confirmation
beeps of the HTron which I could hear in the front seat of the car
while Trent wore it in the back seat.  For an adult trying to be
inconspicuous, this would be a plus, but for us it is a minus.  Even
on the loudest setting I can't hear the DTron from 5 feet.

I sure don't miss the red tapit (sp?).

Two basal profiles is very nice.  I can play with one while keeping
the other around for when I need it.

The different tones of the DTron are nice.  Easier to know what you are doing.

The backlit display is cool; I wonder if it wears out the battery.

The memory will be nice once I get the software to download.

The pre-filled cartridges will be nice once I get them; until then
filling the cartridges is a real pain, worse than with the HTron.

The DTron feels much faster than the HTron -- faster to bolus, faster
to program, faster to setup.

DTron is more intuitive to program/use, even though there are more
features -- I think it is easier.

We haven't used the extended bolus much, but it's nice to have as an option.

I think the tubing is easier to protect since it comes out of the
pump at a right angle.

I suspect that the DTron delivery is more consistent; it is good
enough that they publish data in the manual anyway.

The pump seems better -- it primes the tubing as if by magic,
seemingly filtering out the air bubbles??? at least I haven't had to
prime any out yet.

I thought it was going to be a disadvantage to not be able to do 150
unit cartridges which is what we always did with the HTron.  But I
now realize it was silly to change it that often anyway.  Just need
to be careful when the insulin is newer that we don't go low, but
that's true anyway.

It is great not to have to call the pump rep to change the default
settings.  You can do that yourself on the DTron.

Thats all I can think of.

father of Trent, almost 5 yo, pumping 9 mos.