[IP] Re: MiniMed Implantable Pump/Pump wars

This is good.  It appears that they have changed
from what had been reported previously.  They will
now use peritoneal infusion, as D is to do.  I had
always thought that if MM did the implant
subcutaneous it would not be much help.

I have learned that D is doing their peritoneal
testing in San Diego and will soon expand the areas
that they will be into.  They are quite far in this
in Europe, so that it should progress a little
quicker here.  The D closed loop system is
continuing and I will (hopefully) be getting more
info in the future.

In regards to 'pump wars', it appears to me that the
current bashing is much more refined than we have
had in the past.  Nearly all say that 'they are all
good' and 'each should choose the one that best
serves them'.  In the past things were said that
were not only untrue, but totally inane - 'D must
supply 2 pumps because the FDA doesn't trust them'
(Europe required 2 for all medical equipment, so
they supplied the same here), 'D pumps needed to be
sent to Europe' (Minnesota is still in the US),
etc.  I'm sure that there was incorrect statements
about MM, but these stood out to me.  Although there
has been some mistaken/misunderstood statements, I
have not seen the clear bashing of the past.
email @ redacted
You can observe a lot just by watching.
 - Yogi Berra