[IP] Quick set shortage

To everyone out there who is using the wonderful Quick Sets;

I heard about this shortage through you guys and decided to call the
company I deal with called respicare.  The lady told me that there are
quick set 6mm available but only in the 43"tubing.  Mary also said that
the 23" tubing will not be available for a few months.  I have been
pumping for only 2 weeks and I do not even know how to insert another
type of infusion set.  This shortage is making me really nervous.  Does
anyone know of any other place in Ontario other than Mini Med that I may
be able to get my supplies from?

Thank you

>From: "Anchondo"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To:<email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP] Re: QuickSet Vent >Date: Wed,
30 May 2001 11:40:39 -0700 > >I thought that I would add my 2 cents
concerning the quicksets. I ordered my >3 month supply from Minimed last
week. I ordered a combination of the 6mm and >9mm sets in the 23" length.
When I received my order they sent me 1 box of >the 6mm and nothing else.
I called them, and was told that the 6mm are on >back-order, but I would
definitely be getting my supplies within a couple of >weeks. Minimed
called back yesterday, and said that the 6mm 23" length was on
>indefinite back-order, but they had a supply of the 43" length that they
could >send me. So today, I received 1 box of the 6mm 43" length. Guess I
will have >to call them again and find out when the rest of my supplies
can be expected. >From what I have read from the list, I guess I am lucky
to have gotten any at >all. > >Robert