Re: [IP] Diabetics Unit against Cancer *Update*

At 11:02 AM 5/30/2001 email @ redacted wrote:
 >thanks, but i'm still confused.  what i'm confused about is how is it
 >proteins?  are we hooked into a network that has actual molecules on the
 >other end that a computer is doing something with?  i guess all i'm confused
 >about is how the computer relates to the actual real-life

I don't know the details, but it essentially downloads a problem to solve.
Your computer tackles the problem and sends the results back to their
computer where it is merged with the data that other people have sent in.
They then send you a new set to run. By doing this, we are increasing the
size and processing power of their computer. Each problem they send is
different and some are much more difficult than others. You'll notice that
some only take a few hours to run and others will take days.

If you have access to more than one computer, you can combine the results
under your name. I have 2 computers chunking away. Brian must have about a
half-dozen of them.

(who's now completed 84 sets)