Re: [IP] Diabetics Unit against Cancer *Update*

In a message dated 5/30/01 12:06:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Basically what the program does is takes a single molecule and bends it
> folds it to try and make it interact with a single protien that is used in
> cancer growth.  If the molecule "interacts" with the protein then it could
> mean that, that molecule can be used in a treatment.  they are testing
> Hundreds of millions of molecules against 4 protiens.
thanks, but i'm still confused.  what i'm confused about is how is it testing
proteins?  are we hooked into a network that has actual molecules on the
other end that a computer is doing something with?  i guess all i'm confused
about is how the computer relates to the actual real-life