Re: [IP] Ideas to prevent infusion set release from sweating

Hi Dwain,

I used to have the same problem until I was shown how to do the following:

1. Insert the needle.

2. Cut a strip of medical adhesive tape approx 4 inches in length and then
cut the tape lengthwise, as the full width of the tape is too wide.

3. Place the tape under the needle with the sticky portion facing upwards
and ensure that the tape has an equal amount on either side of the needle.
Then cross over one side of the tape over the needle site and lay it down so
that it sticks to the skin. Do the same with the other side of the tape. The
needle will not come out now.

All you are doing is what is done in hospital when a canulla is inserted for
iv fluid intake.

It has always worked for me.

Regards

Andrew (from Australia)