Re: [IP] Re: Pre-filled Cartridges

At 16:00 5/29/01, you wrote:
>My CDE/RN recommended we fill several cartridges and keep them in the refrige
>until ready to use.  Believe me, at 3:40 a.m. today, it was great to get one
>out of the refridge,inserting it into the pump and going back to bed, and
>asleep.  Don't know why I hadn't been doing that for the past couple yrs.  It
>is great when you are in a hurry also or traveling.
>For what its worth............Jackie P

I fill a couple cartridges at the same time and have not seen any negative
effects in the short time I have been pumping.  For me, it seems that some
days, I am better at drawing the insulin without bubbles and excessive
tapping etc, so I take advantage of it and fill a few.  Some days, my hands
are shaking so much that I can't get it right and I quit and try another
day.  With back up cartridges filled, I don't ever feel pressured, and

It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.

Frank Perdue, Chicken Mogul