Re: [IP] non-breakable medical alert bracelet.

>> This is getting ridiculous.  My daughter just had her 4th medical
>> alert bracelet break and get lost.  I remember someone mentioning a
>> source of medical alert bracelets for athletes-I would love to find
>> one that will hold up for a little longer. Anyone got an address or
>> phone number?

I have had the same problem over hte last 27 years.  Thanks to sugestions
on this list i researched many alternatives and i the end settled on using
the saem thing I've used for several years:  A leather shoe lace.  It works
great. Just use one of the old medaleons and the lace.  Replace the lace
eavyer few months prior to rot setting in.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).