[IP] Why I Chose the D-Tron

As you recall, the question was why I chose a D-Tron. I was not
"pump-bashing." They were not arguments to counter someone else's view of
their pump. Remember, there are five different pumps on the market in the U.S.
Some of the features I mentioned are not in some of the D pumps, but are in
the D-Tron (D makes 3 different insulin pumps). Example: I was going to pick
the H-Tron, until I found out it was no longer waterproof, hence #1. Some of
the things I mentioned are features included in the Mini-Med pump as well as
the D-Tron, but not in others. I don't feel there is any need for anyone to
get defensive, just because I am answering someone else's question.

As you recall, I also mentioned, "You can also do a saline trial with each of
the pumps to see which one you prefer. Whichever one you chose, make sure you
check out all three and decide which is best for you." I did not say that the
D-Tron is the best pump out there...that is the one you should get. You should
get the pump *you prefer*.

I feel this subject should be dropped. I will no longer discuss it. I am not
out to start any "pump wars."

If anybody has any questions, I will be glad to answer them, but I am not
going to argue about pumps.

Carey & Dunkin
T1 12/01/00 Pumpin' 5/23/01Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download
: http://explorer.msn.com