Re: [IP] Jacuzzi

> Has anyone experienced any problems with a jacuzzi???  My daughter
> disconnected last night, went in (maybe 30-45 minues) and was low
> (74) before bed but woke up at 3:00 a.m. at 479.

Heating the skin where insulin is infused causes the insulin to be
absorbed more rapidly -- i.e. the blood vessels in the skin all
dialate. That is probably what caused her low. Basically insulin that
was expected to be absorbed later was all absorbed earilier than
normal. Thus..... when you treated the low, the insulin you expected
to help stabalize her bg's was already gone and she then had a high

This effect is even more pronounced after a big bolus then a hot tub.