[IP] Re: Trigger finger surgery, and a Glucometer Dex

Hi everyone--I saw a doctor on Friday for a stiff, painful finger and was
told it was trigger finger (which was what I expected).  It was so far gone
that he didn't think a cortisone injection would help for very long and that
it would just come back, and that surgery would fix it quickly with a very
small chance of it coming back.  So I went ahead and scheduled it for this
Friday--apparently it's a quick, five-minute procedure.  I wondered if anyone
on this list has ever had this surgery?  He told me a lot of diabetics seem
to get this trigger finger thing.  If anyone has had this surgery and can
tell me about it (I'm mostly concerned about recovery time, how much pain
I'll be in after, stuff like that...I'm a wimp!) you can email me privately
if you'd like.  I'd just like to hear about your experience with it.

I also have an unopened Glucometer Dex that I'd like to send to someone who
needs a meter.  Does anyone on the list need one, or know of a place I could
donate one where it would go to someone who needs it?  If you would like me
to mail it to you, or know where I could donate it (and any other
supplies--not that I have any right now, but if I ever have any I'm not going
to use), please email me privately.