Re: [IP] Protein and elevated BG's

  My non-educated guess would be that it wasn't the protein but the fat that
caused the delay in the carb break down.  That is true for anything that has
a high fat content.  That is something that we are now learning to compensate
for with Joshua.  In the past it has been noted that anything with a fat
content higher tan 15% should be given a dual wave bolus or to break up your
total meal bolus over an hour or two to counteract that fat delay.  That is
what we do with Josh now, and even though it isn't perfect yet we are
definately seeing a grat imporvement!

mom to Joshua