[IP] Re: Surgery and pumps

> Now, this is what bothers me. They do not remove the pancreas of somebody who
> does NOT have diabetes before surgery and give them NPH. If they can manage
> to "handle" somebody who has a functioning ("natural") pancreas, why can't
> they handle somebody who has an artificial plancreas?

Ah, because if you go low with a 'natural' pancreas
it will stop pumping.  My artificial one won't stop
unless I tell it to.  NOT going low is the most
important factor for anesthesiologists and
surgeons.  They have probably been taught how to
work with nph and can factor in the changes.

I DO agree that the pump should be left on for
anyone that knows what they are doing and that
medical personnel is woefully unknowing of diabetes
and pumps.
email @ redacted
Why is dyslexic so difficult to spell?