[IP] I'm on Lantus until I get the pump

I'm new to the list, currently in the process of getting the pump approved by my insurance company.  I have been diabetic for 20 years and lately have developed hypoglycemia unawareness.  First time they found me passed out behind the wheel of my car in a bad area of Kansas City.  Just 6 days later my husband had to take me to the ER after he found me passed out across the bed.  After that incident my endo put me on Lantus.  I started it May 21st.  (Pharmacy took some time in getting it in!)  I take 22 units every night and then use Humulog as needed.  I am still getting too many lows but generally don't have the peaks and valley's I had with Humulin N and Humulog.  I have to fax me BS to the endo tomorrow to get her input.  I have noticed, and will ask her about this, that I am having difficulty sleeping.  I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Lantus, but that is the time it started.  My endo recommended a Minimed pump for ease of programing and the fact that I'm rar!
ely in the water.  Thought I'd put my 2 cents in on Lantus.
Dana Hull

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life