[IP] Re: insertion site questions

We do not use a skin prep (most of the time).  It could be the tape that is
irritating her also.  By trial and error you should determine which one it
is.  Try using no prep, if she is still irritated  it may be the tape.  We
determined it was the prep.

Try some different tapes and some different preps to find out the correct
mix for you.  Tegaderm HP is good for sensitive skin.  In the summer we use
"gorrilla snot" as a prep to make sure the tape does not come off in the
water when Laura is swimming.  Otherwise we just clean the site with an
alcohol swab before insertion.

Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano, New York
Mother of Laura, age 7, dxed 12/21/98
Pumping on MM508 since 1/11/00