[IP] Re: same-day surgery and pump stuff

In a message dated 5/27/01 11:53:39 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I agree that for diabetics with pumps it would be a help to be able to
 talk to the exact anes. dr you will have ahead of time.  Usually you don't
 get to talk to the dr for this before the surgery and I explained to the
 dr why that was important, so I could explain how the pump worked to the
 anes. dr who was actually going to do it.  She agreed with me and that is
 she wrote the order for me not to get anything to make me woozy until I had
 the opportunity to talk with the anes. dr. >>

Ya gotta watch what you say to those anesthesiologists. If they don't like
what they're hearing, they have ways to shut you up. LOL  I was in the middle
of telling one last year that I did NOT need dextrose in my IV because my
pump was NOT going to give me insulin to cover the breakfast I had not had.
Next thing I knew, I was rolling over into my little hospital room bed. AFTER
surgery. With high BGs. I didn't even wake up in recovery, he put me out so

Jan and Elvis