[IP] Re: Glucose meters and software

I have always liked using the Glucometer Elite with my little girl who was dx
at the age of 2.  It uses a small amount of blood and sucks it up really
well.  Tested at the lab, our meters have always been very accurate.

While living in the UK for two years, we had to use the Dex instead.  It is
nice to have the 10 strips inside the meter, but I found it took a lot more
blood and broke quite often.  We had 3 break in less than 2 years, but the
company quickly replaced them.

Bayer has just sent us an Elite XL (with memory that the Elite didn't have).
We haven't used any software.

We have recently been using the Ultra One Touch and are hooked on that 5
second count-down.  The Elite XL will be our back-up meter.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7.