No Subject

Hello All,

How many of you that pump use the skin prep?  I noticed it contains alcohol?
  Does it irritate the skin?  My daughter slept with the pump with the
cannula in last night just to practice for when we start the pump which will
be July 30th,  we took out the cannula this Am and her skin was very red and
irritated from the tape, it did not fade and was still there this P.M. at
bath time.  Is skin irritation just something that goes along with pumping?
What will her skin look like when we actually pump insulin?  Is the skin
prep madatory? or can you just wash the site with warm soapy water, dry and
do the insertion?
Thanks in advance for all of your help.  Jeanine Mom to Abigail 6 dx 6-23-00
and Christopher twins.

Ps.  My daughter has a long history of eczema!!!