RE: [IP] Glucose meters and software

We use the Accu Chek Complete meters.  I
like that it has a large memory and can store over 300 plus bs values.
This is great in that I do not write everything down when I test bs levels, but
that I can just click in insulin dosage/carb count/exercise et.  It also
has the features of graphing and giving averages/trends.  You can even
check it for the life of the battery.  We use the comfort curve strips and
it sucks up the blood quickly.  I haven't purchased the soft ware yet, but
understand they just came out with a newer version called The Compass.  I'm
looking into purchasing this in the near future.  Also this is a meter that
both of our endos recommend using.  My endo has advised me against using
the Dex meter, stating they have not found it to be reliable in bs readings in
comparison to their office testings of bs levels.  I don't know about the
Dex meter, but Accu Chek does have a web page.  You might try looking both
of these meters on on the Internet.  I think the one address is:  www.accu-chek.com

Is it possible your physician has these meters
in his office and maybe you can try them both out before making any
decisions.  Also I do not know what pump you are using but seems like I
just recently received a news letter from Disetronics stating that if you write
them before a certain date they will send you a Dex meter for free.  Also
we received our accu-chek meters at no charge by calling and asking.  I let
them know we use about 600 strips on a monthly basis, and they sent them
out.  Prior to the Accu Chek I used the One Touch meter.

Marla Anne, dx 4/67, pumping 1996,

Mom to Seth, 3 years old, dx 11/99