[IP] Temp Basal Hourly Alert

On Sun, 27 May 2001 11:42:03 -0800, Natalie Sera wrote:
>Yeah, those alarms ARE annoying if you already know about the problem or
>situation! My pet peeve is the hourly alert if you're running a
>temporary basal! As if I didn't know I'd set it, and for how long!

My primary use for temp basals is while I am riding my bicycle. The
duration of the temp basal is usually 4 hours. I appreciate the hourly
alert (3 beeps) because it reassures me that the pump is doing what it
is supposed to. I don't always hear it, because of traffic noise, but
when I do, it is always welcome. It's not as though I'm anticipating
its occurrence. When it occurs I always check my watch to be sure the
hour is about to (or just) turn. Otherwise it could be a real alert.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, pump 1995