Re: [IP] Bolus for Alcohol

> Hi, i was wondering if i drink a glass of white zinfendel wine or any
> other wine, what do i bolus for?

There are at least 2 issues to consider when bolusing for alcohol. The first
is that even though alcohol has calories it is not a carbohydrate and should
not be treated as one. It is usually considered to be a fat exchange. The
second is that one of the main effect alcohol has on metabolism is that it
suppresses the liver's ability to release glucose. Therefore if you do go
low then the effect after drinking alcohol will probably be more severe than

In terms of practical advice I have very little to offer. Most of my
experience with alcohol and the pump have been under unusual enough
situations that I have not really learned much about this issue yet.  So far
I generally bolus very conservatively for alcohol.