Re: [IP] Animas Pump

In a message dated 5/25/2001 5:24:15 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am currently in the process of being approved for an Animas Pump.  Can
>  anyone tell me how it compares to the D-Tron or Mini-med pump.

In my completely unbiased opinion (vbg!) -- I think you'll be very happy with
the Animas pump.  My daughter started pumping saline with her new Animas pump
last Thursday night, and so far we've found the reality of the Animas is
fully living up to the marketing information about it . . .

Here are some of the things we really like about it:

VERY user-friendly menu-based operation (both for routine things like boluses
and basal adjustment, as well for more "advanced" activities),  precise
bolusing ( in .1 unit increments) and basals (in .05 unit increments),
waterproof (biggie for us), frequent basal delivery (every 3 minutes) stores
a lot of history (last 255 boluses, alarms, and daily totals for all insulin
and for basals),  temporary basals by percentage (like for when you're going
to exercise), small & looks like a pager (not a medical device),  multiple
basal profiles (up to four - say for work days vs. the weekend, or for during
menstrual cycle, etc.),  many colors of interchangeable pump covers (from
funky to professional to stylish) -- and you don't have to keep it in an ugly
black leather case like some pumps), extended bolus option ( for pizza,
Chinese, whatever) . . .

All the pumps are good (and any pump is better than shots), but I think it's
safe to say that you won't be disappointed by your Animas pump . . .