Re: [IP] Need Help RE: Mastisol and QuickSets

> Katie's just finished the first 24 hours of her saline trial and
> things are going well . . . I was amazed how quickly she picked up
> all the aspects of pump operation, even the advanced stuff.
> One minor problem that has come up is how much the QuickSet's
> adhesive tape is peeling up already.  If she'd have been pumping
> insulin, I probably would have changed her set last night after 24
> hours for fear that her cannula would be dislodged during the night.
>  We're going to do the set change later today and have decided to
> try using Mastisol this time around since Katie would prefer not to
> have a big patch of tegaderm on her belly if a little Mastisol will
> do the job.
> MY QUESTION:   Should we put the Mastisol on her skin in a circle
> around where the tape from the set will be, OR  should I apply the
> Mastisol directly to the set's adhesive tape around the edges of the
> circle???

Before you try mastisol, try using and IV prep. When it dries, it
leaves a tacky surface that the tape will stick well to. My daughter
has used the stuff for years, plays soccer, swims etc...

The other method would be to use both IV prep then one of the clear
tapes such as IV3000 or Kendall (comes with the set usually), then
apply the set over the tape.