Re: [IP] BAD LUCK WITH FIRST QUICKSET

Yvonne wrote......

> > Decided to try one immediately because her set was due for change.
First, I
> don't think she'll let me try this again without the serter thing.
Manually,
> it wasn't so easy for us, she screamed the whole time saying it hurt.
Well,
> anyway after it was in place, checked her 2-3 hours later and sugars were
> sky high! Had to correct with pen and remove the set, the plastic cannula
> was bent and crimped. Maybe had something to do with manual insertion--
> Also, I find the disconnect to be rather complicated for a child. >

Yvonne, Matt too has just tried the new Quick Set 6mm. I first had Matt numb
the area with ice. I then telling him not to worry Mommy is totally
confident in doing this......quickly (i mean fast) jabbed the set in! So far
his numbers have been fabulous!!!!!  It is what we call a "super set"
site......I still havn't tried to disconnect though, i agree it seems
difficult even for me......anyone else have suggestions? It seems when i
tried to disconnect, it was tugging too much so i stopped trying afraid i
was going to mess the canula up......
Mag