> my husband accidentally used an alcohol swab to clean the new site
> instead of an IV Prep swab.  He was very upset and wanted to pull it
> out and get another set, for fear of infection.

I just checked the label on my wipes (Smith + Nephew, I.V. Prep). They are
labeled as "Antiseptic Wipes" with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol as the only
"active" ingredient. Therefore, as far as their antiseptic action they
should be  identical to plain alcohol wipes.

My understanding is that the other main ingredient (PVM/MA copolymer) is
there to provide an adhesion layer between the skin and the tape. So, if the
set stuck on OK I would leave it there until it comes loose. Some people
routinely do not use the IV Prep so it is clearly possible to get acceptable
performance without it. YMMV.