[IP] Static...wow!

Hi all!
	Yesterday morning at 7:40, I was brushing my daughters hair when her
pump alarm started wailing at us.  I picked it up to look for an error
message and there wasn't one.  I tried to scroll through the screens and
it wouldn't move.  I called Minimed, who told me to take the batteries
out and let it rest for 2 to 8 hours.  They said that it freaked out due
to static electricity and that I should use brand new batteries when I
tried it later.
	Well, four shots and 7 1/2 hours later, the pump still refused to
start.  I called Minimed back and they told me that they would be
shipping out a new pump immediately and that it would arrive before noon
today.  True to their word, it arrived at 9:30 this morning.
Unfortunately, Caitlyn is at school, I have work, and she has NPH and
regular in her system, so we will have to wait until after school.
	I am very thankful that Minimed was helpful and quick to resolve this.
We normally go through Apria for equipment and I know that it would have
taken an eternity to deal with them.
	I have read the e-mails about static electricity before, but I didn't
really understand that it could COMPLETELY kill a $5000+ piece of
equipment.  BTW:  Minimed is also sending a new silver-lined leather
case that is supposed to help reduce the risk of static.  WOW!

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 mo, 6 y.o., pumping since july 00,
formerly with Blossom, but soon with her new blue pump, Bubbles!