At 03:38 PM 5/24/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>At 03:30 PM 5/24/01, you wrote:
>>While cahnging  his set yesterday, my husband accidentally used an alcohol
>>swab to clean the new site instead of an IV Prep swab.  He was very upset and
>>  wanted to pull it out and get another set, for fear of infection.
>>Has this ever happened to anyone out there?  Any advice would be appreciated.

I think he will be just fine.  I only use the IV Prep swab  for the sticky
aspect so my catheter stays in snuggling without having to use more
tape.  When I was on a pump 20 years ago, for six years, I never once used
alcohol swabs and wore my sight for 2 weeks once and never ever got an
infection.  So I really think your husband is safe and no I am not
encouraging wearing sights for 2 weeks or not using some sort of prep.  I
am a good little girl these days.  <sigh>  :-)