[IP] OB visit - Mel and pumpy

Mel said:
"I told her now they are averaging out and I am running 90-115.  I told
her the highest I have been in weeks was 125!  ...  Well she looked at me
and said "that is unexceptable"  she said that she wants me to be 100
all the time!"

I am currently 6 months along in my pregnancy.  I have been given strict
guidelines as to what my blood sugars need to be.  (Less than 90 before
meals and less than 120 after.)  This is hardly ever the case for me,
though my average is close to 100.  My endo is working closely with my ob
and providing updates every 2 weeks.  I would not worry about your ob
stressing.  I have found that my ob doesn't understand much about my
control, but he does want me to maintain my blood sugar in the specified
Just recently, my endo adjusted my basals and it had me running 180-200 in
the morning.  We didn't stress about it, just worked to correct it.  I
think that the closer to normal we stay, the healthier it is for our
babies.  But there's no need to stress about having a blood sugar over 120
every now and then.

It sounds to me like you're doing great!!

Do You Yahoo!?