[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #155

We are leaving to go to Europe in a few days for a month.  When I called
Minimed regarding a pump problem and they said they needed to send a
replacement pump I let them know about our upcoming trip.  That's when I
first learned that Minimed will give you a "travel pump", free of charge, if
you travel outside the U.S.  They will send the pump over night so time was
not an issue.  Isn't that great?!  Just a sidenote:  When you take a travel
pump you are responsible for it if it gets broken or stolen.  So, that's a
little scary, but hopefully we won't even have to remove it from it's case.
Anyway, now we don't have to worry about it if something goes wrong with
Nadine's pump.  I hope this is useful information for those of you who also
travel outside the U.S.
Talkto you all in about a month.   Sylvelin, mom of Nadine,10