[IP] Ankle Swelling

I thought this might be something that could ease the concern of others.
Dr. Spot has been helping me "off list," but here is my question to him with
his reply:

> Hi, spot!
> Here's a question for clarification.  My daughter is an RN and was by the
> house yesterday.  She pressed on my ankles and said I have 4+ pitted pedal
> edema, and I should let my doctor know this.
> I told her I have been on my feet at a food show for four solid days with
> breaks.  The swelling diminishes by morning.
> She was also concerned that my left ankle was not nearly as bad as the
> right.  She feels I may have congestive heart failure or kidney problems,
> even though my recent blood workup was all normal (A1C was 6.0).
> I have been Type ! since 1974 and on the pump for 6 1/2 years.
> Any thoughts:
> Thanks, Spot.
> Bud Hopper
> Are you taking any statin drugs like lipotor, zocor or pravachol? are you
taking any troglitazone drugs like actos?  Are you short of breath. most
probably it is something you are taking. kidney failure and congestive heart
failure are not conditions whih exist in isolation.  you can respond off
list. spot