[IP] Are my meds doing me in???

In '60 when I was pg with my first child and my BGs were rising, I was also
placed on DBI, the only pill to lower BGs at that time - but for Type 2's. The
*experiment* was to not overload me with insulin which might harm the baby.
Now, remember, this was wayyyyyyy before home BGs and we had only one shot a
day of mixed insulins. We had one BG done at the lab or doctor's office every
month or three. I was kept on the DBI even after the birth - for the next 16
years. Then, I was having as many as 17 reactions in a week (which the dr.
questioned since I had no real way of telling - but *I* knew). I was taken off
the DBI. It was  discontinued by the FDA shortly after that.

We were thrilled when Cyclamates came on the market to give us a decent
sweetener instead of the awful saccharin. I used that for 16 years and it was
taken off the market. It is legal in Canada but not the US. Saccharin is legal
in the US and not in Canada. Go figure.

I took Dyazide for BP for almost 20 years and was told they found it wasn't
good for DMers' kidneys.

TODAY, on the Today Show was a report that Cardura for BP is being
questioned/reviewed as doing more harm to people than help - causes heart
problems. Guess what! I've been taking Cardura for 6 years!!

I do not think DM is going to kill me - it's the stuff I'm taking to have a
better quality of life that'll do me in! ;(  YMMV  (~_^)

Have you ever been just as sure you were right - but wrong?