[IP] Re: Filling Reservoir with Vial

Arlie Sims wrote;
>>>  Remember the days of using glass syringes?  We had to boil them in
distilled water once a week and store them in rubbing alcohol. Or the urine
sugar tests with an eye dropper and test tube that
could only tell you if you were high enough to have sugar in the uring but not
if you were low?  A lot has changed in thirty years, thank goodness. >>>

Well, Arlie, I go back 20 years before your 30. ;) Yeah, I remember - for 33
years I could not sleep in on Saturday a.m.'s as well as having to eat at 7:00
a.m., noon, 5 p.m. and bedtime snack - and often snacks in between. I have a
very sensitive system and *feel* stuff before it really hits. I get 5,000u
Procrit (EPO, Epogen, erythropoietin) injections every week and they have to
give it to me slooooooooowly cuz it hurts so bad. This a.m. I gagged on my
many pills and all of my Cream of Wheat/Malt-O-Meal (combo we call Partly)
came up, and then some. I had 1/2 C applesauce for lunch and did not bolus for
it. I was 100 an hour later. Was 98 when I got up. We dined with royalty
tonight (Dairy Queen) and had a Pecan Mud Slide. I was 256 2 hrs. later but
didn't have to remain there and brought it down. Yeah - I remember those
inconveniences. ;) I also remember the first pump I had the size of a
checkbook box (can be seen at URL below). It does seem a tad trivial to deny
oneself the freedom of pumping (eating when, what, if, how much - and sleeping
in) due to the inconvenience of filling a syringe. YMMV (Your Mileage May
Vary) (~_^)