[IP] change in basal rates

What causes a need for changing the basal rates?  Recently, I have
started requiring more insulin at night than I did when I first started
on the pump.  My endo just changed all the basal rates today after I did
a basal rate test last night.  What originally clued me into a need for
change was higher fasting sugars.  Plus a need for an exhorbitant amount
of insulin with my morning coffee (use creamer and sweetnlow).  Sure
enough, my nighttime blood sugars went up to 207 at 3 AM this morning.

Thanks, Janet