[IP] A cry for help?

> i know you probably didnt mean it but i was upset by your letter.
> thanks anyways i know you meant wel

That's too bad the writer was upset by Dr. Spot's letter. This is cyberspace
and we don't see/know one another. The information given in the original post
sounded like someone needed/needs to get involved with her care. Depression is
very common with DM and we don't know the state of mind or what is behind a
letter when someone says they haven't seen a doctor for 9 years (I think it
was). We had one gal on here who announced she was *checking out* and we were
very concerned and she was tracked down and was helped.

I will be meeting a DMer from another list - in her mid 30s - in about 10
days - who has had DM about 25 years. She was in complete denial without
doctors' care and wheelchair-bound for awhile due to severe neuropathy. She
had a stroke last fall and is still in the hospital - a trach put in, removed,
and reinserted. She is able to move her arms and her one wrist is now
beginning to move. Had she cared enough to get doctors' care, PERHAPS she
would not be in this state today.

We get to *know* one another through this forum by our e-mails and printed
thoughts - without facial expressions or voice intonations. It would be more
upsetting if the writer were really on a *collision course* (as the above DMer
I told about is) and NO ONE cared enough to post a letter like our dear Spot
did. Then there would be cause to be upset. I guess we just can't win no
matter what we do sometimes. (~_^)

~ After studying the body you got to come to the conclusion all of this was
designed by a superb engineer with super intelligence. Spot ~