[IP] Re: Same Day Surgery

    Claire has had surgery several times since having diabetes and I always
worried about what I'd do if she was low before, when she was on the "do not
drink" mode.  So I always thought I'd let her run a bit high, and in February
her bg was a whopping 345 pre-surgery!!
    Anyhow, check for sure, but I think you can have clear, surgary fluids up
to 4 hours before your surgery.  So do a bg check in middle of night or 4
hours before and correct with some apple juice or soda pop if you need it.
Do not eat any solid food--your surgery will be cancelled and you might face
a long wait to have it rescheduled.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7