[IP] from pump to mdi's?

This is probably weird but...  A while ago, because of batteries and
softsets, I had to go back to multiple daily injections.  My blood sugar was
in much better control.  Went back to pump and back to "not-so-good"
control. After week back to shots. (Ultralente, Humalog).  Much better
control?!  I'm trying to figure this out.  Has anyone got some ideas for me
or have you experienced this?  Is it the fact that I don't have a "site" for
3 days, or the rotation of sites?
Anyhelp would be great.  Thanks
Have been pumping for 8 1/2 years.  Have 508.