Re: [IP] My pump is here!

In a message dated 5/23/01 10:21:11 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< It is so hard to wait, I just know I could set this puppy up myself. >>

I agree with Sylvia, get as well acquainted with it as you can.  The more
things you've learned before your training, the more time and attention
you'll have during your training to pay to things that have not made sense at
first.  And more questions that can be answered at training will probably
occur to you as you actually try to set things up.  And it can be a test of
the idiosyncrasies of your pump

When I started pumping on a MM507c in 1998, I had a pump that had a flaw in
its lead screw mechanism.  It began alarming about 12 hours after I had
hooked it up with saline in the CDE's office, and I spent a good part of the
night on the phone with MM service being talked through changing a site (I
was using sofsets but had left my inserter at the CDE's office <gr.>), lead
screw test, etc. -- until it alarmed while I was doing one of their tests
while the pump was detached from me, and they  said they would just send me a
new one.  The pump had not shown this problem until it had been pushing
saline out for a number of hours, but if I had filled it and set it running
when I first got it, I would have probably found the problem before I was
actually hooked up, and gotten some sleep that night <gr.>.

Linda Z