[IP] fiber help

From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] fiber help

Hi, i just started the pump and let me tell u, it is faaaaabulous!!! (plus
hard work but its ok!)
anyways, quick question......what exactly does fiber do to your blood
i was under the impression that you SUBTRACT the fiber grams from the total
carbs grams, and i just bolused for that amount...but then my sugar went
of control!! am i supposed to take insulin even for fiber grams? please
thanx, jessica
when fiber exceeds 5 grams of the carbs you subtract it from the carbs. you
don't take insulin for fiber because although it is carbohydrate, your body
has no way to process it as such.talk to your pump trainer or dietician or

spot, t1 40 years
A.L. Bender, M. D.