[IP] hospital diets

From: "Shannon James" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] hospitals need to rethink the "diabetic diet"

Hi Folks,
I had another thought after my last post.  Have you ever noticed at the
hospital that the diabetic diet is quite high in carbohydrates?  After I
my C-section I was served for breakfast the next day:
One carton of OJ
One carton of Nonfat milk
2 pancakes
1 bowl of cornflakes
and sugarfree syrup for the pancakes (!)
I would have been much better off having regular syrup and french toast
some bacon and tea as my beverage.  Or even a snickers bar would have been
better than the breakfast they served!  Anyone else have this experience at
the hospital?
 sure, but not after a c section, after my heart attack, the day they took
me off the baloon pump and respirator I had not eaten for 10 days, they
gave me peaches in heavy syrup which on my empty stomach and intestine
caused immediate dumping syndrome. I told them it was stupid and they sent
a dietician to interview me, she agreed. they no longer do that. did you
talk to your dietician?

spot, t1 40 years
A.L. Bender, M. D.