Subject: [IP] Insulin Resistance in Type Is different numbers for different kinds of diabetes do we really know more or what?

Subject: [IP] Insulin Resistance in Type Is

Yes there are people with type I and insulin resistance, I am one of them.
I was originally dx'd as a type II, then after 4 years of hell, they put me
on insulin, then found out I was type I.
(Onset of type I in ADULTS is between 2 to 4 years!) I was 50 when dx'd
type I.
Most of the type II drugs, glueaphage, etc. that are insulin sensitivers
work to decrease the resistance. As noted
Exercise is an excellent way to reverse resistance also. The only drugs to
avoid is the type II drugs that LOWER your BG directly - you need the
insulin for this. These type of drugs just "whip" the pancress to produce
Insulin - since yours, and mine, produce very little or none at all - these
drugs do not work and MAY destroy any ability to produce insulin that you
may still have. (Most D's can produce SOME(sometimes very little) insulin).

The medical community is starting to call this type of D as a type 1.5 or a
type 3 diabetic.
Any other questions email me direct at email @ redacted
<mailto:email @ redacted>

Enjoy each day....
Carl I do not mean to be hypercritical or denigrate your contribution here,
do not put he thiadolazones and muscle sensitizers down.
In general you speak the truth here. Except that glucophage and drugs of
the Rezulin type may prolong pancreatic function. those drugs do not whip
the pancreas but preserve what little function it might have. chiefly by
lowering insulin resistance. When I was first diagnosed I took a relative
of glucophage, Phenformin because it prolonged my honeymoon.  another
reason for using these drugs is many of them improve lipid metabolism in
the body and will lower the LDL while raising the HDL's. Also it might
correct the problems with triglycerides. Many drugs are prescribed for off
label uses and these are often more important than he labelled use.
diabetes is a very complex disease and type 2 is so much more complex than
type1 which is simple in its etiology but more mysterious. all the type
numbers do is muddy already muddy waters. A type number does nothing for
improving understanding and often obfuscates the disease. your statement
about insulin production is true as it relates to type 2 diabetics who have
pancreatic failure but certainly not type 1's where immunological tests
reveal no insulin that can be measured. true at autopsy, a few islets with
beta cells have been found but these do not really function because beta
cells work as cooperative colonies where insulin response is elicited only
from a group of beta cells.  how these cells work is lagely poorly
understood except that there is a paracrine signaling mechanism that tells
beta cells to play nice and cooperate with each other when release of
insulin is needed. some of this may also be broken in type 2's where there
are plenty of beta cells but they don't talk to each other or not at the
right time. after studying the body you got to come to the conclusion all
of this was designed by a superb engineer with super intellegence. the only
stupid thing about this design was that no thought was given to destruction
of just the beta cells or islets. the mechanism for killing them was in
place from other designs. How do these type numbers illuminate any of this
Carl? they don't. Medical students are so far behind the current state of
knowledge thaey never heard of any of this even though there are counless
drones like me working in smelly labs in their own schools on this stuff.
we are not supposed to talk about it because it might confuse them and it
won't be on the national board exam, the holy cow of medical knowedge. Like
I said don't obfuscate the problem with meaningless numbers such as type
2.5/3 or even 7   where are the ducks when you need them?

spot, t1 40 years
A.L. Bender, M. D.