[IP] Re: Weight gain and "pumping Kids?"

In a message dated 5/22/01 4:39:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  This weight gain thread got me thinking about our last endo
 appointment.  We are the ones who have an anti-pump Endo.  When we went we
had a beautiful A1C, so the only thing the endo could say was that our son
had not
 gained weight.  He had not gained in 4 months, not lost either, he was
 the same. >>

Shelly, I think that you are right, your endo would have tried hard to find
something negative to say!!  I have 3 kids, and Claire with DM is the
youngest, so I have lots of years of experience in measuring and weighing
them.  They all go through periods of zero weight gain, no loss usually,
except maybe with a longer illness or DM onset!!  Height usually continues to
increase.  It is important to always be weighed on the same scale, and even
then they can act funny, I have direct experience with that.  So try not to
pay attention to your endo.  By the way, do you have to go to an Endo??  Why
not just use a regular paediatrician, seeing as that one is giving you grief

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7