[IP] insurance woes

I just need to vent a moment. We have applied for a new pump for my son, as
his is 4+ years old, and slowly developing glitches. Today, one month later,
we received a letter from our insurance company (Now calling itself managed
care) stating that our request was denied, because there was no advantage to
the new pump (Minimed 508) over his old pump (Minimed 507). I am temporarily
crazy from this letter. The company...Blue Cross Managed Care. Really, we
have a PPO, but for prescriptions it is different. For my family, if worst
comes to worst, we can buy the pump. But for many, this could spell the
beginning of the end. We need reform and we need it now.