Re: [IP] Mail Order Insulin

In a message dated 5/18/01 1:46:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> And as to using you LOCAL Pharmacy....I asked mine - and they said that
> their shippments are sent by truck with a delivery of several DAYS and NOT
> INSULIATED....so much for local being better!!!
I spoke with E Lilly recently and they explained to me how they ship their
insulin.  They send it in refrigerated trucks to be delivered in 24 to 36
hours.  When they send smaller supplies, they send it UPS next day delivery
packed in ice and it must be signed for or it is returned to them.