[IP] New Lancet Device

I just got an ad from BD introducing a new blood sampling device called
Genie.   Not for me!  It can only be used once, is more expensive than
traditional lancets, but it seems to be aimed at students who test at school
hence the non-reusable lancet  which retracts automatically to reduce the
possibility of injury or reuse.

Since some parents have written to Insulin Pumpers re their children's
problems testing in school, I thought this would be worth while posting.
The ad states that the device complies with the New Jersey Department of
Education Guidelines for the Care of Students with diabetes in the school

The URL for BD is

Type in Genie in the search area and you will find it.

Denise Guerin
Type 1 46 years
Minimed   507 3 years