Re: [IP] Diluted Insulin

> My eleven year old daughter is going in the hospital Tuesday to get
> started on her pump.  The doctor says she may need diluted insulin.
> Anyone have any idea where we can get this?  I believe the pharmacy
> may need to mix it.  We live in downstate New York (West Point
> area).

I don't like to contradict a physician, but only a few toddlers use
diluted insulin. It is highly unlikely that your daughter would
"need" this done. Even if she is in her honeymoon phase, the pump
basal rate can be set for zero for several hours a day if needed (we
did this when my then 11yo began pumping 7 years ago).