Re: [IP] Taking a shot from a cartridge

>Ummmmmmm, why not just take a withdraw from a regular old bottle of humalog,
>or for that matter, we are always told to carry and extra bottle and needle
>with us at all times in the event of emergencys.  Common practices make
>Common Sense!

It's not always practical to carry extra insulin for a single-day trip.
Shorts pockets are limited in number!  Also temperature is a factor.
Cannot leave insulin in car during winter or summer.  Simply easier to
carry extra syringes.

BTW:  I was never told ot carry extra insulin - but then again I was told
to never test the bg more than four times a day!  YMMV

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).