Re: [IP] Taking a shot from a cartridge

>> Does anybody know how to get insulin out of a cart to give an emergancy
>> shot. My daughter is on a disetronic H-tron plus. I've tried to do it, but
>> the syringe is too short to reach the insulin. I seem to remember about a
>> year ago, someone had said there was a way to do it in one of the IP mail
>> digests. LindaM :-)

I have not had to do this as of yet but I plan to use the syringe as follows:

1. Insert needle of syringe into luer-lock end of cart after removing the
tubing luer-lock.

2.  Tip Cart so that the luer-lock end is down and withdraw needed amt of
insulin into syringe.

3.  Cap cart with extra cap and re-use per same procedure later.

4.  Use a lot of four letter words....

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).